So I arrived at Stephen and Sara's Sunday night. It was fun getting to meet family that I had never met before. They've got two adorable little boys. And are super sweet.
I'm serving at Minnehaha, with some of my other teammates, this week. Its been weird being back in a regular mainstream school. It honestly makes me miss interpreting and working with both Deaf and hearing kids... Its funny because some of the people I work with at WSD we're telling me how they thought I'd be an awesome interpreter.. but of course just like any interpreter you have your moments where you completely doubt your skills.. But I honestly and truly miss it.. I can't wait to be back in the "interpreter chair" again! Though I know I'm where I'm supposed to be for this year.. and being completely emersed in the culture and language can only help to finetune my ASL skills, cause as every interpreter knows there is always something we can learn about the language. I've learned so many variations of signs since I've been here! alot of people come from all different areas of the country so they bring various dialects into one area, so its been really fun to learn the different areas and discuss different signs people have seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment