Friday, February 11, 2011
Zita the Spacegirl
I think I might need to start a new blog, dedicated sole to the wonderful books we've been receiving here at WSD. I can't express my gratitude enough to everyone who has been sending books our way. I wanted to point out one imparticular, Zita the Spacegirl. I can't express how grateful I am to Ben Hatke, the illistrator and author, for sending it our way before it was even released. As I've said previously, part of the challenge for Washington Reading Corps here at Washington School for the Deaf, is getting kids actually interested in reading. "Zita the Spacegirl" has not been able to stay on our shelves in the Library since I received it in early January. I actually had a student so excited to read it the Librarian let him borrow it before it was even cataloged into our Library's system. Literally as one kid returns the book another one checks it out. The kids love it! If you haven't checked it out yet, I really suggest you do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment