Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to Shelbyville


The week I was home, was just as I thought it was going to be.. while everyone deals with grief and uncontrollable, unexpected events differently for me and dealing with someone, that I had been close to previously, disappearance I needed to be back in the familiar.. It was for the most part healing, but I do have to say it was very unerving being back there knowing that the person/persons responsible are still out walking amongst everyone like nothing ever happened. I think the hard part wasn't seeing our mutual friends dealing with it as well, that was actually the healing part.. The hardest part was seeing the ribbons and the tree that has been planted for her at the school we worked at together.. That's when it felt overwhelmingly real. It felt as if the town itself has almost forgotten she's disappeared.. I only saw a few ribbons and "missing" posters in a few places.. I honestly thought there would be more hanging around town. Though in reality, after 4 months, most people have moved on and the hype has slowed down.. I know several people who aren't willing to allow her to be forgotten and I know she would be forever greatful to them if she gets the chance to thank them..


While back in Shelbyville, I was able to just relax and just enjoy being out of the city.. I laughed at the fact that most people who met me when I started working out in Shelbyville would of never thought I'd ever say "I miss this place".. Ironically, that's what I found myself saying while I was back.. It gave my friends and I a good laugh.. We were able to make it to my favorite waterfall, and I had some pretty giant bruises to prove it.. We ended the adventure by heading to the lake to eat at one of my favorite restuarants and then went to the park to swing and just hang out and look at the millions of stars.. All in all it was worth it..

No comments:

Post a Comment