Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some areas I volunteer in now.. That I'll miss over the next year

For the past two years I've Coached, along side Jenny, the St. Philips High School Girls Youth Group Basketball team. I've watched them grow, learn, and ultimately change as they've grown into young adults. That is one thing I will miss, being able to Coach them this year, especially the Seniors. For the girls that are reading this, you guys know that you can always call me if you need anything. (Yes, Ms. Kari Wachter this is your shout out ;) enjoy sr year!)
I'm going to miss working with the Edge(st. Philips middle school youth group) and their core team. Last year was the first year for many of us on the core team, and this next year will be a rebuilding year for the program. I know they'll do an amazing job, I'm sad I'll miss it, but I can't wait to see how far the program and team has come, when I get back. I'm for sure going to miss Edge/Connect nights, working along side my parents, and my youngest brothers senior year in the program.
I'll miss chaperoning the retreats for the Diocesan youth, trips, and the St. Philips youth group retreats. Though I'm still praying there will be a way for me to come back and help with SEARCH (a retreat the diocese puts on for the Juniors and Seniors in High School).
I'll also miss being able to run the Women's 1/2 marathon in Sept. along side Amber. I'm hoping there is a way I can still come back and run this one. I know deep down that its most likely not going to be possible, since I will just have arrived a few weeks earlier, and taking time off is going to be incredibly hard if I want to come home for Christmas and Ryan's graduation.
I'm going to miss getting to fund raise, train, and Saturday morning GTS with the Team In Training Murfreesboro team this year. I'll be training with you guys, just not physically beside you guys! You guys will do amazing in the 2011 CMC 1/2 and full marathons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment