Tuesday, August 17, 2010

falling into place

Thankfully, I haven't had any trouble making dr's appointments, in such short notice. And now all that I have left is to go to the Eye dr and go see my dr about my routine blood results (for my thyroid). Other than everything is done and ready to go. All my paper work and contracts were finalized before Aug, so I didn't have much to worry about the past few weeks. I still have to get food stamps once I get to Vancouver. Hopefully I'll be able to get that all done on the 31st.
My plane ticket was bought last night, and I'll officially be flying into OR on Aug 30th!! My car will already be at the airport waiting for me :) My brother, Scott, and a friend of his are going to road trip across country, leave my car at the airport and then fly back. Once I find my car (it might be a game of "I spy" or "wheres waldo") I'll head to WSD and pick up my gate and room key, and then be able to move everything in!!
I recieved an email on friday saying I no longer would have to pay rent until the "volunteer orientation" at WSD. :) which was great news, and I'm very thankful for. Its one less thing I'll have to worry about the first month I'm in vancouver.
So to recap, my car leaves thursday, I'll be helping lead Koinanea (a church retreat) aug 27th-29th. 29th I say good bye to all my Mellow Mushroom crew. and then I'll fly out Aug 30th, fly in to portland, OR.. find my car (hopefully fiarly quickly) and then head over to WSD!!! Get my foodstamps etc on the 31st and then orientation starts at 9am on Sept. 1st!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment