Tuesday, August 31, 2010
exploring!!
So after I woke up, the time change is kicking my butt, and was shown the little ins and outs of my building I went and picked up katie and we went to ESD 112 and got our fingerprinting done so that we wouldn't have to do it tomorrow during orientation. With that said once we got there we met our supervisor face to face.. he seems awesome!! It was funny though because when I first starting talking he immediately commented on the fact that my accent was stronger than he had thought.. then went on to tell me that the lady that did my 2nd interview, which was done in ASL only, thought I had an accent. Which made me laugh a little.. Which it is true that you can have an accent in ASL also I just hadnt been told that they could tell I had one before. After we got fingerprinted we met up with Alicia and went and ate. Then from there katie and I went to portland and ventured around then, found so really cute outfits (were talking like 7$ outifts) that we postponed buying until our pay check comes in on the 25th.. after that I dropped her off at home and came back here.. Chatted with the nurse for a little bit and found out some great places I apparently need to go to. Including local brewerys and various sites. Katie and I are also venturing to The Gorge this week end to see Dave Matthews Band play live at the ampatheatre. So far I'm loving being out here. Everything is so green!! its like little communities built in the midst of a forest. The trees are gynormous. everything seems to be up hill or down hill.. and for the most part everything is ontop of everything else but its all still green.. it doesnt make you feel as if your in the city at all.. Though the streets out here are killing me.. the road systems are alot different than Franklin, or TN in general.. We start orientation tomorrow. Its gonna be loads of fun!! So far my team seems absolutely amazing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment