Ahh I know I've been slacking greatly on my blog the past few weeks. Everything has been quite hectic. I really don't have much down time anymore. The first week or so things seemed to start out semi slow (at least slower than they are now). If we aren't at work or serving else where, we are out hanging somewhere.
I think one of my favorite things was 2week ends ago we all just went out to different waterfalls around the area. It was calm, quiet and relaxing. haha though I don't think anyone was ready to for the hike up multnoma. There are a few waterfalls we didn't get to stop and look at but we spent time at each one, just fully enjoying the view and everyones company.
This past week end we all went out for Jens birthday. Even though the whole team wasn't there we still had a blast. Friday night was low key, we all went to katie's house, relaxed on her porch and then went to hear a band play. Saturday night we all went bowling and then sunday we went for a hike. Though I wish it had been sunny during the hike because the look out we went to was amazing. Had the skies been clear we would of been able to see all three Volcanos/Mountains that are surrounding us. Unfortunately the clouds were hiding all of it.
After the hike on Sunday we went and got coffee and then stopped at this grilled cheese restuarant. They cook your Grilled Cheese to order, and with whatever you'd like on it. :).. They also have an old bus on site that you can go inside and sit down to eat. Our group was to large to dine in the bus, so we sat at the picnic tables outside, and played trivia (each table had trivia cards from different eras). While eating and talking about the random happenings of the week end, the sun came out!
Honestly, there haven't been to many cloudy days thus far, but there is a significant tempature increase when the sun is present as opposed to when its hiding between the gray drizzling clouds. It's hilarious when you make a comment to students about how much it rains here, they look at you like your crazy or have horn of a unicorn growing out of your head. Because they really don't know any different. The rain is quite different here, it just drizzles. As far as I can remember there have only been a few times its actually poured down rain.
Work at WSD has been slow to start but slowly picking up speed as the weeks go on. I love working with the kids their hilarious. My typical day is waking up at 6am and getting to my office by about 7:30am. I then go from class to class helping with Literacy centers or reading aloud(signing the story) to kids. We also work with the Fairview program, helping develop their vocabulary so they can feel the success of reading a book and understanding it on their own. For them to truly began to love reading they have to be successful at it themselves, otherwise they'll just begin to become frustrated and eventually give up. at about 3:30 I go to after school programs and help where needed until 5:30pm. Then from there I eat dinner and then head back to the cottages to tutor kids from 6:30pm-7:30pm. It makes for a long day but I enjoy every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment